Arts District, Los Angeles, CA
Reporting to the Executive Creative Director, the Design Director oversees the design team to define, direct and design a wide range of deliverables and ideas.
Who We Are:
Flux Branding guides companies to achieve brand brilliance through pointed strategy and inspiring design. For the past 18 years, our boutique DTLA studio has helped brands transform, grow, and evolve. We are seekers and navigators, guiding brands to discover their true potential.
Who You Are:
Your passion lies at the intersection of creativity, strategy, and management. You are a critical thinker with strong design skills in both digital and analog mediums and a solid foundation in effective visual communication and brand strategy. This supervisory role is equal parts coach, teacher, and critic.
- Supports Executive Creative Director in defining design excellence and reputation
- Models a commitment for defining and crafting the best possible design solution for every project, while maintaining humility and dedication to completing work efficiently
- Assess all tasks, and provides effective design solutions to fit the problem
- Translates internal client goals to jr. team members
- Oversees and provides useful feedback to designers, illustrators, and other design specialists
- Demonstrates expertise in managing design projects from concept to completion
- Strong portfolio across a variety of disciplines (digital production experience a plus)
- 5-7+ years of experience designing across multiple platforms, digital, social and print; campaign experience a plus
- 2+ years overseeing/managing jr. team members
- BA, BFA or equivalent with concentration in Graphic Design
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite
- Demonstrated strengths in creative thinking and a proven ability to express complex ideas provocatively through design
Please provide a portfolio link to be considered for this position.
Thank you for considering Flux for your next career. Due to the volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to those we feel might be the best fit for the role. Thank you!!!