About the role:
The Copywriter/Creative Strategist will join our team of creatives and producers to provide clear, relevant, and engaging content across a wide variety of client and company projects.
Who we are:
Flux Branding guides companies to achieve brand brilliance through pointed strategy and inspiring design. For the past 19 years, our boutique DTLA studio has helped brands transform, grow, and evolve. We are seekers and navigators, guiding brands to discover their true potential.
Who you are:
You’ve got style, but are also highly adaptable, creating voices and stories appropriate for widely differing clients, industries, and deliverables. You understand business goals and user needs then plan, develop, and deliver inspired content that brings the two together.
You deliver more than words and strategy, you create ideas. You understand the importance of concept and intention—always thinking of content in the context of brand strategy and intended audience. You take the time to understand the business objectives driving every project and ensure they’re reflected in the finished work.
- Use data, research, psychology, and your creative instincts to shape brand narratives and creative content that resonates with target audiences— driving them to action
- Craft original concepts that result in effective and compelling written communication
- Write clear, concise, and grammatically correct copy for creative deliverables, including client briefs, printed brochures, signage, packaging, thought leadership, digital and print advertising, direct marketing, newsletters, email and more
- Maintain close contact with work as it progresses through the design process, to ensure visual expression is consistent with the content strategy
- Know each client’s brand, product/service, target audience, and competitor activities like the back of your hand
- Identify, develop, and maintain a distinct and consistent brand voice for each client
- For websites; perform content audits, comparative audits, develop a content matrix, and establish editorial guidelines
- Ensure all copy is truthful and complies with advertising/marketing best practices
- Work closely with the Chief Strategist, Creative Director, and Graphic Designers
- Work with Producers to ensure client and Scope of Work requirements are met
- Collaborate internally to ensure timelines and best practices are followed
- Edit and proofread copy as needed
- Other duties as needed
- 30% writing/creating/ideating/researching
- 40% refining/rewriting/reviewing
- 30% communication/meetings
- 3-5 years experience as a Copywriter, Strategy, or similar in a studio or agency
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Creative Writing (preferred), Communications, or Marketing
- Highly proficient with G Suite and Mac
- Strong perspective on the written word, communicative architecture and layouts
- Clear and personable communication skills to articulate creative concepts
- Acute attention to detail within demanding deadlines
- Passion for the written word and eagerness to collaborate with other creative people
- Solid footing on the line between creative expression & commercial reality
- Knowledge of SEO principles
- Self motivated, organized, and accountable